UPDATE: We had several great candidates apply, and we are pleased to share that this position has been filled.
We are looking for a friendly, conscientious, self-motivated person to join our team. It could be you! If you have the required skills and enjoy a job shop environment where each project is a new setup, email us a brief message and attach your resume. Interviews begin February 20, 2020.
Position description: In a job-shop environment, the CNC machinist will plan, set up, program, and perform a wide range of machining operations. The person will be capable of operating various CNC equipment, machine tools, jigs and fixtures to produce a wide variety of parts and products.
Primary Areas of Responsibility
- Understand and interpret project blueprints, sketches, drawings, CAD files, and project specifications.
- Select tooling and determine appropriate speeds and feeds for the material and project specs
- Write code for CNC machines
- Follow an organized system for filing and retrieving CAD/CAM files
- Fully utilize each CNC machine’s capabilities, while holding exact tolerances
- Identify potential problems and recommend corrective action to ensure efficient production
- Perform tolerance checks to ensure project specs and quality standards are met
- Inspect work areas, and examine tools and equipment to prevent unsafe conditions
- Monitor tooling inventories and be completely familiar with all machining equipment
- Recommend new methods and procedures to improve efficiency and increase productivity
Helpful but not required
Ability to create job-specific CAD files using AutoCad LT or Fusion 360
Ability to create job-specific CAM files using BobCAD-CAM or Fusion 360
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have CNC machining experience and/or training
- Must be safety conscious at all times
- Must have good reading and communication skills
- Must have good problem-solving skills and multitasking skills
- Must be detail-orientated with good organizational and planning skills
- Must have active listening skills and be self-motivated
- Must be mechanically inclined and have knowledge of metal shop work
Company Benefits Include
- Team atmosphere that encourages decision making and self-supervision
- Flexible work hours
- Paid holidays and flexible vacation days
- Health plan that includes well-care visits
- Retirement plan with a company match for tax-free savings